September 1, 2016 Deadline for Bowers Fund Food Co-op Grants
The Howard Bowers Fund is offering grants to support leadership training and education for the staff and boards of food cooperatives. Applications are due on September 1, 2016.How to Apply Grant Guidelines and General InformationGuidelines 1 through 3 should be used to determine if your organization or project is eligible for funding.
- The Cooperative Development Foundation (CDF) sparks economic development through the cooperative model. Cooperatives, cooperative development organizations, cooperative-related groups, groups forming a cooperative, and members, staff, and board members of cooperatives may apply.
- Grants will not fund general operating expenses, endowments, capital improvements, tuition, or salaries and benefits of applicant organization staff.
- Applications and supporting materials will be reviewed by the Fund's advisory board and the CDF board if the amount applied for is over $1,000. All applicants will be notified as to the status of their applications.
- Grant recipients must report on the use and results of the project funded.
- Applicants may re-apply to the Fund on condition that CDF has received a final or interim report on all previous grants the applicant has received.
- CDF must receive credit in notices, articles, websites, etc.
- Download Application